No one can stop the natural aging process, but you can minimize its impact on your skin. Using an anti-aging cream is one way to do that. However, there are so many options in the skincare market that it becomes too confusing to pick the best one for you. Fortunately, there are a few tips you can use to find the best investment for your skin.
How to Choose the Best Anti-Aging Cream
Knowing what factors to consider to find the best anti-aging face cream helps. Here are some of the critical things to think about before buying the most suitable anti-wrinkle cream for you:
1. Consider your skin type.
Like with any skincare product, your skin type matters because it determines what your skin needs.
The best anti-aging night cream or day cream for oily skin is a water-based one with a light texture because most of these products are made with emollients and oils. Users with oily skin also need a cream with glycolic or salicylic acid, which helps clear pores, works as an exfoliator, and stimulates skin renewal. They can also benefit from a product with green tea extract.
On the other hand, people with sensitive or dry skin need an anti-aging face cream that does not trigger redness, irritations, or rashes. They should look for an oil-based cream with a thicker texture and rich in antioxidants.
2. Check the label.
The best anti-aging creams contain active ingredients, such as the following:
- Retinol. Using anti-aging retinol cream means it contains antioxidants that help the skin healthier and better cells for a younger appearance.
- Vitamin C. This ingredient acts as an antioxidant and shields the skin from sun damage.
- AHA and BHA. These hydroxy acids are effective exfoliants that remove dead skin cells and give way to new smooth skin. They also increase the release of collagen.
- Niacinamide. It is an antioxidant that boosts skin elasticity and helps the skin retain water.
- Coenzyme Q10. Like Vitamin C, Coenzyme Q10 protects the skin from the sun. It also improves the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes.
- Copper peptide. It improves the production of elastin and collagen and works as an antioxidant. It is also commonly used to address stretch marks and wounds aside from wrinkles.
- Hyaluronic acid. This ingredient works as a moisturizer.
3. Read reviews.
Check the reviews if you want a better idea about the anti-aging cream and whether it works as a Retinol brightener. These will help you finalize your decision after considering the first two factors.
Does Anti Aging Cream Work?
Anti aging creams work. According to a study, these skincare products reduce the appearance of lines. The researchers observed the effect of anti wrinkle products on the periorbital lines of women aged 30-70. The results showed that their use of anti aging cream, night cream, or eye cream significantly smoothens crow’s feet and lessens the appearance of prominent wrinkles after four weeks of use.
It is also said that an anti aging product like a Retinol skin brightener works depending on the active ingredients they contain and the frequency with which you apply them. They work, but they do not show instant results. You need patience and consistency in applying the cream in the morning and before bed at night.
Products like the Santeva Replenish Retinol Brightening + Anti Aging Cream can effectively reduce the appearance of age spots, pigmentation, freckles, and dark circles if you apply them religiously twice a day. This cream contains natural plant extracts that moisturize and brighten the skin. Results start to show in three weeks. Use this cream at night and protect your skin with at least an SPF 50+ during the day.
The Bottom Line
Anti aging creams do not work the same way, but they are effective if you know how to choose the best one for your skin. You should consider your skin type, check its ingredients, and read the reviews. If you decide to try a product like Santeva’s rapid night repair anti aging cream, use it right. Apply it at night and give your skin enough sun protection during the day.